I typically need about 100 cards each year and if I make 2 Christmas cards each week all year long, it's an easy and very stress-free goal to achieve. I typically mail my cards out at the beginning of each December, so that is why the challenge blog runs from December to December. If you had been playing along all year, you'd already have your 2010 cards done and ready to start on cards for 2011!
This week's challenge is to make a monochromatic card. Don't forget to check out the Christmas Card Challenges blog to see the rest of the DT's lovely creations! I also used Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #102 for this.
Paper: Basic Grey Jovial, Memory Box Tinsel
Stamps: Rin and Snowman by Sparkle Creations, sentiment is PTI
Lacey Square Nestabilities, Copics, Rhinestones, PTI Dies, Pearls, and Crystal Stickles
With the new year among us, I always think it's nice to re-cap and go over the rules again. I am also excited to have Shaela join the team!
- Every Sunday, we're making Christmas cards, so by the first week of December each year, we will have all of our cards already made.
- Though this challenge blog is owned by Sparkle and her company Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, you are welcome to use any company's images for these challenges.
- The only REAL rule is that you must make a new Christmas, Holiday, Hanukkah, or Winter card. The weekly challenges are extra and you can choose to do them or not do them. Easy enough, right?
- You can adjust the challenges to accommodate however many cards you need for the holiday season. Maybe you need to double up or only make one every other week.
- You have all week to link your card. We give away prizes for the first challenge of each month. Once you link your card, you'll automatically be entered to win a free stamp from Sparkle Creations. We will randomly draw the winner on the next Saturday at midnight.