Friday, October 22, 2010

Freebie Friday - Felt Spiral Flowers

I've seen these fun spiral felt flowers around blog land for awhile and it's been on my list to make.  I found this super easy tutorial on my friend Yvonne's blog and decided to finally give it a try.  Today's prize is Cruisin' Chloe.


I know MFT makes a die now that can do this, but I did mine with stuff I already had.  I made my original circles with my Nestabilities.  I used 3 different sizes.  Then I just cut the spiral by hand.  Since you roll up the flower, you can't really tell that it's not cut perfect.  I just glued mine with Liquid Glass.

Paper: Basic Grey Eerie
Stamps: Sparkle Creations, sentiment is Amuse
Rhinestones, Copics, Felt, Pearls, and Crystal Stickles

You have until Sunday night at midnight to comment and the winner will be announced on Monday with the SCRS Challenge #15 winner.  Do you have a good source for good felt?  While I like the PTI and Impress felt, I would like to have more colors.  Good luck and everyone have a great Friday!

17 comments:

scrappingdragon said...

wow love your card, the orange just makes it pop

April said...

Thanks for enabling me...I too have seen these flowers and wondered how....now I must go try my hand at them....Chloe is a cute, would love to color her up!

Lesley from WI said...

Those flowers are awesome! I have not got up the guts yet to try making flowers...but I am getting closer!

Shaela said...

this is darling! I've been meaning to try these flowers too - maybe I'll finally get to it this weekend. :)

I like 100% wool felt, and I usually snag it on Etsy. This is on of my favorite shops since she has great color combos and I can also choose my own.

Have a great day! :)

Alanna said...

Super cute card and I love the felt floewrs. I'm going to have to try that.

The only place I've gotten felt is PTI so I'm afraid I'm not much help.

Alyssa S said...

Cute card and fab flowers! I haven't jumped on the felt bandwagon too much yet. I am cheap and have bought some felt at the big box stores. It doesn't cut as cleanly as PTI, etc. but I'm happy with what I've used.

Tanya R said...

WOW, this is super pretty! Love the flowers, I will have to try them out soon.
Hugs
Tanya

jan farnworth said...

your flowers look fab. thanks for the info.

Michelle said...

So cute... love the felt flowers. I have not tried that yet, but it is something I would like to do!! :)

Lena said...

Fab felt flowers.Love your choose orange.
Thank you for the great information. I make 2 flowers right away with paper instead.It is a lot of fun.I will buy some felt to make more.

Cyndi said...

cute card! love your handmade flower. too bad i didn't see the tutorial first....i just bought the die recently!

Elena said...

Thank you so much for sharing a link to the tutorial! I will try it too!
You card is so adorable! Love the flowers you created!

Marjorie said...

Darling card! Love the spiral flowers, they look so easy too!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Great card and love those flowers!! The only place I know around here to buy felt is Wal-Mart!

BishopsMommie said...

Those are just too cute..love those may try some today...great card too..Thanks for the inspiration!!

Arianne said...

Love this card and your flowers are just fab!

Kate said...

I actually get my felt at Michaels some of them already has adhesive in the back but some doesn't but they come in a variety of colors.
mszcat09@gmail.com

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs