Thursday, September 23, 2010

Operation Write Home Birthday Bash

Operation Write Home celebrated their 2nd anniversary on September 12th and they're celebrating all month!  Today we are hosting a challenge for you to make a card for Operation Write Home.  OWH sends blank handmade cards for them to send home to their loved ones and please check the card requirements on the OWH blog, first, as there are some guidelines that must be followed.  You can see those guidelines here.


The challenge is pretty easy...make any new fall card.  All players and all stamp manufactures are welcome for this challenge.  You will have until next Thursday, September 30th to enter into the contest.  I will randomly draw one winner and that person will win a $20 credit to Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps.

Also, for everyone who participates, will get 10% off any purchases made within the next week.  After you have linked your card to the Inlinkz below, you can use the code OWH10BASH.

For my card, I decided to do something a little out of the box.  I used my new Jovial paper for this.  Though the black overalls made my image quite dark, I love how non-traditional this came out.  Also, I'll admit...I always use glitter on my cards and since one of the rules is that we can't, I purposely made a guy card for this, lol.

Paper: Basic Grey Jovial
Stamps: Sparkle Creations, sentiment is PTI
PTI Buttons, Copics, and Bigger Brads

I'm lucky enough to live near to Sandy (who runs OWH) and I've been to a few of the card making parties here in town.  I thought I would share some pictures.  I'm really excited and blessed to be part of such a wonderful celebration.


It's been fun to get together with all of these ladies and do something for a great cause.  I'm looking forward to going to many more card making parties in the future. 


Good luck to everyone and can't wait to see what you all make!  I hope you all have a lovely Thursday!

3 comments:

...just Barbara said...

It looks like those parties are a lot of fun! I just discovered you image and love them - can't wait to get my first order in the mail... I hope it arrives soon. :-D

scrappernic said...

Love, love, love your card! I'm actually going to be making some cards this weekend to serve as samples/idea cards at an Operation Welcome Home party I'm helping a friend with Wednesday. So excited! I think I'm also going to have my students do this next quarter as part of our art class.

Risa said...

Awesome card Sparkle! I love the dark colors and fabulous DP!
hugs
Risa:)

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs